Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Nursing Programs

Hi all!!

I'm here today to discuss (maybe ask as well) one of the most common questions from some nursing students/nurses: Why is it so difficult to get into a nursing program?

I wish I could answer that question, but I can't. Although, I completely agree with other students that it is a difficult process to get into a nursing program. You have to have the grades and then also compete for one seat when most programs only accept 50 at a time....

WHY IS THIS?

I understand some schools don't need to accept more than 50 students at a time, but some schools should accept more than 50. A few programs I looked at shared that they get anywhere from 150-300+ applications but only accept 50 a year. Again, why? Nursing is one of THE MOST demanding jobs in this world and I think a big reason of that comes from the toughness of trying to get accepted into a program.

It would be nice if it was an easier process, but I guess that probably won't change for awhile. And, of course, I am the type of person who likes challenging tasks. This is probably one of the reasons why I chose nursing and also a most definite on why I will be applying, again, for the nursing program.

My fellow nursing students- past, present, and/or future- don't ever give up on your dreams. Keep trying and keep fighting for what you want to do with your life. (For someone like me, I have to get accepted into a program to get my BSN and then, years later, get accepted into a program for my DNP. It is my dream!)

You all can do it and I know I can do it, too. But it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of perseverance.

If you ever find the answer of why schools don't like to take in more than 50 students a year or if they will ever increase that number, help a girl out and share some info with me!

[---]

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."
-Marie Curie

No comments:

Post a Comment