So in an earlier post, I mentioned all of the different specialties that you could go into, one of them being the one I'm interested in which is CRNA.
To become a nurse anesthetist, you are required to go through graduate school. That's where my blog name comes from, you earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and "specialize" in anesthesia. This usually takes 3 years of school, or more.
Besides the schooling, I thought I would mention why I am interested in this specialization.
- For the obvious reason, I WANT TO GO THROUGH NURSING, YAAAAAY!
- I personally do not want to go through med school (at least I don't think I do) to become a doctor and become an anesthesiologist.
- I get the experience of nursing that I want, the experience of anesthesia that I want, the experience of being around surgeries that I want. Personally, I think this is a complete win-win-win situation.
[- - -]
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
-Steve Jobs
No comments:
Post a Comment