No, I am not a nurse at all, but yes, I have interned in medical facilities and have a job that is big on customer service.
When patients are sick (from the perspective of being one), it is very difficult to be nice when you are sick. I usually try to be polite, but if I'm sick and my mom has to talk for me, it can get risky, but those are parents for you.
From the perspective of someone who works with customer service, I can say that I am sure that it is a little difficult to deal with someone who is not very nice to you.
You must have patience for your patients. I'm sure this is stressed in nursing schools.
Those are people who count on you to make them feel better and be able to inform them what is going on with them and what you are doing to fix it.
Patients determine if they like a hospital or not because of the service that they are given and the manners they are shown. They are your walking advertisements and can determine if you will receive more or less people at that hospital because they are likely to recommend the hospital(s) they like.
Patience is key. Keep that in mind the next time you are dealing with anyone at any job; it works for anyone anywhere.
[- - -]
"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."
-Arnold H. Glasow
No comments:
Post a Comment